This historic American restaurant was opened in 1940 by Warren "Pete" Wurm as a basic six-stool clam and lobster stand at the southern end of Maine's coastal strip. Still going strong today and now owned by the Cunningham family, the restaurant has expanded to 350 seats and has a lobster pound capable of holding 28 tons of crustaceans.
This whimsical image of a king lobster sitting on its throne was used on menu covers in the 1950s. A cache of these unused vintage menus was discovered, hidden in wall space, when the property was being renovated.
Keen to preserve Warren’s history, the owners are using this marvelous image again as the restaurant's menu cover.
Courtesy Warren's Lobster House.
Each print is accompanied by a copy of the interior menu