Bob Murray's Doghouse, Seattle, 1955
Bob Murray's Dog House was a Seattle institution for sixty years and its passing is still mourned by many. This witty menu cover epitomizes its happy go lucky atmosphere. A restaurant and bar, it served plain food – the Mutt Burger and Liver n' Onions were the best-selling dishes –and order was kept by no-nonsense unionized waitresses. On one memorable night, Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead wandered in and took over the keyboard of the Wurlitzer organ that provided musical entertainment. Founded in 1934, the restaurant and bar closed in 1994. Writing in the Seattle-Post Intelligencer, John Hahn noted its passing regretfully: "The Dog House was an epoch of Seattle history, a virtually non-stop, open-24-hours run of food, booze, music and fellowship..."
All printed in USA.