MFK Signature Room, Palm Springs 1958
Have fun looking at the autographs of stars on this vintage menu from MFK – the Milton F. Kreiss drug store with a small counter and restaurant in the heart of downtown Palm Springs.
MFK, located in the Oasis office building at the corner of Tahquitz Canyon Way and Palm Canyon Drive, was a high-end shopping destination and landmark loved by locals and visitors alike.
Customers could pick up a newspaper, cosmetics or costume jewelry, grab a coffee or sit down to lunches and dinners that included Chinese food.
There was another MFK in Beverly Hills, part of the Beverly Wilshire hotel, and Humphrey Bogart and Frank Sinatra were among the regulars.
Mr Kreiss was a respected and well-known businessman, active in civic affairs, who had a home in Palm Springs for 17 years before he died in 1972.
He owned the signature room Grundy’s Groggery, Rim-Rocks (which became Solomon Grundy’s). Lord Jeffreys (which became Sherman’s deli) and also owned establishments in San Bernardino and San Pedro, Berkeley, San Francisco and Dayton, Ohio.
Courtesy Eric Lynxwiler.
Each order includes a print of the interior menu.
All printed in USA.