Heidsieck & Co, Reims, France 1930s
Florens-Louis Heidsieck (1749–1828) was the founder of the Champagne house Heidsieck & Co from which later Piper-Heidsieck was spun off, and which was the start of the Heidsieck Champagne clan. Following the death of the founder in 1828, the successors were his relatives Henri-Louis Walbaum, Frédéric-Auguste Delius and Christian Heidsieck. In 1838 after several disagreements, the three nephews decide to part ways. Henri Louis Walbaum (1813-1883) continued the business alone, joining forces with his brother-in-law Auguste Heidsieck (1796-1870). In 1860 Henri Louis Walbaum and Auguste Heidsieck establish the trademark “Monopole”. The company name changes again to “Heidsieck & Co.” in 1882. Following many other name changes over the decades, Édouard Mignot, founder of the grocery store chain “Les Comptoirs Français” acquires the company in 1923, and names it "Champagne Heidsieck & Co Monopole SA".Today, Heidsieck is owned by the Vranken-Pommery Monopole Group.
Courtesy Private Collection.
Each print is accompanied by a copy of the interior menu or cover.