Bright Angel Lodge, Arizona 1946
The Bright Angel Lodge and Cabins are a group of historic structures located along the Grand Canyon’s scenic South Rim in Arizona and the location dates to the 1890s when James Thurber operated a stagecoach line and added a lodge to accommodate guests who wanted to hike the Bright Angel Trail.
The property was bought by the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway which was expanding its train service in the area and the lodge was run by the famous Fred Harvey company which ran restaurants, souvenir shops and hotels all along the route.
The complex was refurbished in 1935 by renowned architect Mary E J Colter who restored the main wooden lodge where the coffee shop was. She also restored the nearby O’Neill cabin, built in 1880 by Buckey O’Neill, captain of Troop A of the First United States Volunteer Cavalry, known as the Rough Riders. The post office for several years was transformed into the Red Horse Station.
Now owned by the National Parks Service, the Bright Angel Lodge and Cabins are still popular with tourists from all over the world.
This menu, featuring a delightful angel, is from 1946.
Each order includes a print of the interior menu.
All printed in USA.