The Roosevelt Grill, New York 1946
The Roosevelt Hotel is a historic luxury hotel, located at 45 East 45th Street (and Madison Avenue) in Midtown Manhattan. The hotel, named in honor of President Theodore Roosevelt, opened on September 22, 1924.The hotel later closed in 1995 and reopened again in 1997 after a $65 million extensive renovation.
The Roosevelt hotel, opened on September 23, 1924, was built by Niagara Falls businessman Frank A. Dudley and operated by the United Hotels Company.The hotel was designed by the architecture firm George B. Post & Son, and leased from The New York State Realty and Terminal Company, a division of the New York Central Railroad. The hotel, built at a cost of $12,000,000 (equivalent to $167,697,000 in 2016), was the first to incorporate store fronts instead of lounges in its sidewalk facades due to the Prohibition era. The Roosevelt Hotel was at one time linked with Grand Central Terminal by way of an underground passage that connected the hotel to the train terminal. The Roosevelt housed the first guest pet facility and child care service in The Teddy Bear Room and had the first in-house doctor.
Courtesy Private Collection.
Gallery quality Giclée print on natural white, matte, 100% cotton rag, acid and lignin free archival paper using Epson K3 archival inks. Custom printed with border for matting and framing.
All printed in USA.
Each product is accompanied by a copy of the interior menu where available.