The Last Frontier, Las Vegas 1940s
The Last Frontier was a hotel and casino on the Las Vegas Strip in Paradise, Nevada. It was the second resort that opened on the Las Vegas Strip and operated continuously from October 30, 1942 until it closed on July 16, 2007. The building was demolished on November 13, 2007.
The property started as a nightclub called Pair-O-Dice that opened in 1930, then The Ambassador Night Club in 1936 and was renamed the 91 Club in 1939 for its location on US-91. It was subsequently rebuilt and renamed the Hotel Last Frontier in 1942.
On April 4, 1955, it was renamed the New Frontier, following a modernization of the resort and Elvis Presley made his Vegas debut there in 1956.
Courtesy UNLV Special Collections.
Each order includes a print of the interior menu.