Milwaukee Road Rail Service Double Cover, 1965
The Milwaukee Road, incorporated in 1847 as the Milwaukee & Waukesha Railroad Company, operated a 10,200-mile system stretching from the Midwest to the Pacific Northwest into the 1970s.
Its accomplishments included the first tracks connecting Lake Michigan at Milwaukee with the Mississippi River; high-speed, luxurious, beautifully designed Hiawatha passenger trains; efficient freight services; an innovative shop in Milwaukee; and a skilled workforce.
The workers kept the railroad running until 1985.
Courtesy Private Collection.
Each print is accompanied by a copy of the interior menu or cover.