El Rancho, Las Vegas, 1946
El Rancho was the first casino resort on the Strip in Las Vegas and was established in 1941. Its Western theme was considered the height of sophistication at the time and was duplicated throughout the resort's dining establishments.
It boasted of a “carefree atmosphere” where you could have a “vacation chuck full of Western charm of Sun-Lazing, Horseback-Riding and Casino Thrills”. The resorts slogan was “Stop at the Sign of the Windmill.”
This post World War II era menu, complete with a shapely cowgirl on the front cover, has a prime rib dinner for the handsome sum of $2, spaghetti Caruso named in honor of the famous Italian tenor for $1.50 and coffee at ten cents.
El Rancho burned down in 1960.
Courtesy University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Libraries Collections.
Gallery quality Giclée print on natural white, matte, 100% cotton rag, acid and lignin free archival paper using Epson K3 archival inks. Custom printed with border for matting and framing.
All printed in USA.
Each print is accompanied by a copy of the interior menu