Catalina Casino Terrace, Catalina, California 1948
Catalina Casino opened in 1929, ten years after William Wrigley Jnr, of the chewing gum family, purchased the island, located 23 miles off the coast of southern California.
Slightly confusingly, it's not a casino – and never has been. The Italian word casino means a house of gathering and entertainment and that’s what this Art Deco masterpiece was when it was built and what it remains today after restoration.
There is a theatre which was specially built for the “talkies,” those new-fangled movies that replaced silent films and had sound. On another level, there’s the world’s largest circular ballroom where 6,000 dancers kicked up their heels in its heyday. Then there is the beautiful terrace at Descanso Beach, with sweeping views of the water where people can still drink cocktails and dine. This menu art is dated 1948.
Courtesy Private Collection.
Gallery quality Giclée print on natural white, matte, 100% cotton rag, acid and lignin free archival paper using Epson K3 archival inks. Custom printed with border for matting and framing.
All printed in USA.
Each product is accompanied by a copy of the interior menu where available.