In 1931, in anticipation of the repeal of Prohibition in the United States, architect Timothy L. Pflueger was contracted to create for the Bal Tabarin nightclub a stage for live music and dance shows, and a comfortable and sophisticated cocktail bar atmosphere—unusual for the day, as most bars were not decorated to appeal to women. The bar itself was implemented in the Moderne style later called Art Deco. The stage design used Pflueger's patented indirect lighting hidden behind curved strips of decorative metal. The color coming from behind the facade could be changed smoothly from one hue to another. In 1933, two years later, with alcohol bans officially lifted nationwide, the Bal Tabarin was issued California's first new liquor license. Bal Tabarin and the property was sold in 1951 to Agustino "Bimbo" Giuntoli, the owner of Bimbo's 365.
Courtesy Private Collection.
Gallery quality Giclée print on natural white, matte, 100% cotton rag, acid and lignin free archival paper using Epson K3 archival inks. Custom printed with border for matting and framing.
All printed in USA.
Each product is accompanied by a copy of the interior menu where available.