A dancing fish wearing a chef's hat and brandishing cooking utensils is the star of this 1959 menu from the famous A. Sabella's seafood restaurant on San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf. Established in 1927, the restaurant was owned by Luciano Sabella, one of many Sicilian immigrants who dominated the city's fishing industry at that time. He and his son Antone opened a fish store in Jefferson Street and then established the restaurant on the historic Wharf. Four generations of the Sabella family ran the restaurant in the ensuing decades as well as the Capri Room, a supper club which flourished in the 1950s. Sadly A. Sabellas, which had a magnificent view of the Bay, closed in 2007 when family members decided they didn't want to continue in the restaurant business. This menu cover was designed by Antone Sabella in 1954.
Each print is accompanied by a copy of the interior menu or cover.